Kiwanis Rib Burn Off
Shelter Cove Community Park
39 Shelter Cove Ln
Hilton Head Island, SC
We are proud to announce our partnership with the South Carolina Barbeque Association.
By hosting this year’s Rib Burn-Off as an SCBA sanctioned event, teams within the SCBA from throughout the state can compete and earn points towards the year standings for the
South Carolina Barbecue Championship.
Cook teams may choose to compete in the BBQ Ribs and or the BBQ Pork Categories.
- Teams competing in the BBQ Ribs category only will be provided 2 cases of ribs.
- Teams competing in the BBQ Pork category only will be provided 2 cases of butts.
- Teams competing in both categories will receive 8 or 12 racks of ribs and 1 case of butts.
- A case of butts includes 8 butts and a case of ribs includes 18 racks.
Experienced, trained and Certified SCBA Judges will handle the judging in this contest.
- The SCBA DIVISION in which cook teams will compete for points awarded within the 2018 South Carolina State Barbecue Championship series, trophies and cash prizes.
- Teams competing in this division may be amateur or professional but are required to adhere to all SCBA rules including cooking their meat on site.
- The COMMUNITY DIVISION in which cook teams will compete for trophies and cash prizes.
- Teams competing in this division may be amateurs or professionals and may compete without being required to prepare their meats on site.
Each cook team will receive 2 general admission tickets and 6 drink tickets for beverages at the festival.